Banwo & Ighodalo (“B&I”) is recognised as a top Corporate Restructuring Law firm in Nigeria. Our corporate restructuring team consists of highly dedicated, motivated and dynamic lawyers who have continually demonstrated unparalleled commitment to excellence by satisfying clients’ needs within the shortest possible time whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism in Corporate Restructuring transactions.
Over the past few years, we have consistently shown that we are a leading Corporate Restructuring law firm in Nigeria by the nature, size and complexity of the corporate restructuring transactions we have handled. Our expertise and timeous delivery of tasks give B&I the edge over other players in this industry.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME TRANSACTIONS
- We advised Guaranty Trust Bank Plc in its divestment from non-core banking subsidiaries including GTB Asset Management Limited, GT Assurance Plc and GT Homes Limited.
- We are currently advising First Bank of Nigeria Plc in relation to its proposed restructuring involving a scheme of arrangement leading to the migration of First Bank’s shareholders to a holding company and the transfer of some First Bank’s subsidiaries to the holding company, in order to comply with regulations made by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
- We are currently advising Total Group connection with its internal restructuring which is being implemented through the transfer of shares held by Total S.A. and Elf Aquitaine in Total Nigeria Plc to Total Raffinage Marketing.
- Advising Oando Plc on the reorganization of its upstream oil and gas
assets and its reverse takeover of Exile Resources Inc., a Canadian
TSX listed upstream oil and gas company.
- We are presently advising First Bank of Nigeria Plc, Guaranty Trust Bank Plc, Zenith Bank Plc, First City Monument Bank Plc, and Fidelity Bank Plc on their intra-group restructuring transactions in order to comply with the CBN guidelines on the repeal of the Universal Banking Model.
- We advised Sterling Bank Plc, in connection with its offer of N7,500,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 13% subordinate unsecured non-convertible debenture stock due in 2018, to a strategic investor via a Special Placement.
- We advised Oando Plc in connection with its intra-group restructuring which involved the carve-out and transfer of its downstream petroleum marketing business to Oando Marketing Limited and a scheme of arrangement between Oando, Ocean and Oil Investments Limited and certain identified shareholders of Oando.