The firm acts for some of the leading operators in the Nigerian telecommunications sector. We provide advice on establishment procedures and licensing processes for new operators. Banwo & Ighodalo's telecoms practice is retained by one of the major GSM operators for all its regulatory issues, from representation at, and negotiations with the regulatory bodies, to litigation when required.
We advise on regulatory issues and interface with the regulators on behalf of operators. We are actively engaged in the interpretation of new telecoms and IT laws and regulations as they affect operations.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME TRANSACTIONS
- We acted as lead Solicitor in the Initial Public Offering (now stalled) of Nigerian Telecommunications Plc (NITEL)’s shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange
- We are retained Solicitors to Accelon Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Accelon (Pty) Limited, South Africa, a leading Internet Services Provider. Advising on all aspects of Nigerian law, which affect the Company’s business
- We negotiated the Software Agreement required for the establishment of a Credit Reference Company by a Credit Bureau
- We advised the House of Representatives on the review of the country’s telecommunications laws, in general and the new Telecommunications Policy, in particular
- We acted as NEPA’s lead Solicitors in the NEPA/ESKOM multi-million dollar fibre optic long distance communication network project