Our real property practice covers a wide variety of clients, transactions and interests. We have acted and continue to act for governments, financial institutions, investors, dealers, developers and owners of property. We have been engaged in all aspects of real property transactions, including acquisition, investment, development, redevelopment and refinancing.
The Firm has vast experience in investigating and deducing title; preparation of conveyancing documentation and obtaining governmental consents. B&I lawyers are familiar with the different perfection processes that obtain in different parts of the country and are able to close clients' transactions, without geographical limitations. The firm also institutes compensation claims and obtains land dispute settlements either by negotiation or litigation./arbitration.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME TRANSACTIONS
- We advised Persianas Properties Limited in its US$40 million shopping mall project – The Palms Shopping Centre (west Africa's biggest shopping mall)
- We advised on the first ever Nigerian Build, Operate and Transfer Project Finance transaction adopted for the construction and development of the Murtala Mohammed Domestic Airport Terminal
- We advised A.G Leventis (a multinational) in connection with the development of 20 Town Houses in Ikoyi, Lagos in conjunction with County Estates Limited
- We advised Cooper Road Buildings Limited in connection with its multimillion dollar transaction for the development of fully serviced luxury apartments comprising Ten (10) 4 bedroom flats and Nine (9) 4 bedroom maisonettes in Ikoyi, Lagos
- We advised Murphy Shipping & Commercial Services Limited in its N160,000,000 (One Hundred and Sixty Million Naira) acquisition of a large warehouse at Matori, Lagos
- We are presently advising Sterling Bank Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc (comprised of five and three merged banks respectively) in connection with the Post-Merger transfer of Real Property of their hitherto separate member banks to the surviving entities