Banwo & Ighodalo has advised on many complex transactions, which span the whole range of the energy and natural resources sectors, including oil and gas, electricity and mining sectors.
We have been involved in structuring power supply projects, gas supply and utilization projects, Engineering Procurement and Construction Contracts, upstream assets acquisition and general oil and gas transactions.
The firm frequently advises and acts for several multinational and indigenous oil companies on all aspects of their operations, including assisting operators in bidding for and obtaining oil prospecting licenses in major and marginal fields.
We also advise on solid mineral extraction and establishment of mining interests in Nigeria.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW SOME TRANSACTIONS
- We are engaged as External Counsel to Brass LNG Limited, the vehicle set up by the NNPC and three other International Oil majors for the implementation of the 2nd Nigerian LNG project
- We were recently appointed by Korea National Oil Corporation in relation to the acquisition of 2 Oil blocks in Nigeria
- We are advising VIVA methanol, an SPV set up by Eurochem Corporation of Singapore in collaboration with the Federal Government of Nigeria for the establishment of a methanol plant within the Lekki free trade zone
- We advised Shell International in connection with its participation in the Nigerian LNG Project
- We recently concluded negotiations on a long term Natural Gas Sales and Purchase Agreement for the supply of 150 million scf of gas to the privatized National Fertilizer Company of Nigeria, for use as its feedstock for production of urea and fuel for its utilities
- We advised Amerada Hess Corporation in relation to its participation in the Nigeria 2005 Licensing Round